We love connecting with you!
Conversation Groups are a SAFE place to practice your English language skills. They are a great way to learn more about KU, Lawrence, and American Culture! Conversations Groups are a fantastic place to make new friends!
Summer 2021 Conversation Groups will run Monday, June 14, through Friday, July 23
Make-up days will be Monday, July 26 and Tuesday, July 27 ONLINE ONLY
ALL conversation groups are in Kansas time (CDT). You may need to use a time zone converter to help you with any time changes: www.thetimezoneconverter.com
ALL students enrolled in a Listening/Speaking course are required to attend
- One session every week for 45 minutes
- 12 weeks total in Fall/Spring
- 6 weeks total in Summer
- Students can attend as many times as they want
- We LOVE when students attend more than one session in a week!
Your attendance is important!
- Attendance will be taken and reported to instructors weekly
- Conversation group attendance will be included in your course grade
- If you miss one week, you should make it up as soon as possible
- You can only make up one session at the end of the semester on make-up days
Conversation Group Meetings
- Hosted in person and virtually (Microsoft Teams)
- Students in Lawrence attend in-person conversation groups
- Students are given an individual schedule (due to social distancing rules)
- Students can attend virtual conversation groups in addition to their in-person schedule
- Students studying in their home countries attend conversation groups virtually
- Students can attend any day (Monday-Friday) and time that fits their schedule
Our Conversation Leaders are students just like you! They look forward to talking with you!
**If you would like to attend conversation groups in person, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.**