• Home
  • English Proficiency Requirements

English Proficiency Requirements for the University of Kansas

The links below list the requirements for demonstrating English language proficiency at the University of Kansas.  One document shows the requirements for new undergraduates and the other is for new graduate students.

English proficiency requirements must be met by all new international students, and by any domestic students (US citizen or US permanent residents) whose first language is not English.

If you have questions, please call the Applied English Center at 785-864-4606.

Thank you.

Founded in 1964 as part of a Ford Foundation campus internationalization grant
One of the first 12 intensive English programs in the United States
The AEC comprises two units: the Intensive English Program (IEP) and Short-term Programs
Each semester, the AEC enrolls about 550 students representing more than 35 countries on six continents
The Applied English Center offers field trips and conversation groups to our students
KU Today