News and Information

There are two newspapers in the Lawrence area. The Lawrence Journal-World is published every day. You can call Lawrence Journal World at 843-1000 and ask for the paper to be delivered to your home. Normally, service begins the very next day and you will be sent a bill through the mail that you should pay right away so your paper delivery will continue. The University Daily Kansan is the KU student newspaper. You can pick up a copy from the newspaper boxes on campus. The UDK is published daily, Monday through Friday, during the fall and spring semesters, and once a week during the summer session, and it is free. The Lawrence newspapers have advertisements of sale prices on food, clothing and other things you need, as well as notices of activities at KU and in Lawrence. The Newspaper Readership Program provides the Lawrence Journal-World, Kansas City Star, USA Today, and New York Times free of charge at various campus locations.

You can receive television programs in Lawrence from stations located in Kansas City and Topeka, Kansas. There is also cable television and internet service in Lawrence provided by a variety of companies.  These companies provide international, national, and Kansas City or Topeka news, sports, weather and entertainment.  

There are local radio stations that provide music, news and information about KU and Lawrence. KLWN (1320 AM) and KLZR (105.9 FM) are Lawrence stations. KANU (91.5 FM) is a public radio station at KU. KJHK (90.7 FM) is a student-operated station at KU. The Lawrence radio stations are the best source of information about dangerous winter and summer storms (ice, snow, rain, floods, and tornadoes).

One of the first 12 intensive English programs in the United States
Each semester year, the AEC enrolls about 250 students representing more than 35 countries on six continents.
Start working on your degree now! You can take university classes for credit at the same time you are taking English classes.
Earn university credits now! You can use 9 AEC credits as elective credits toward your KU degree in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Business, and Architecture.
Fulfill a university requirement! Completion of your English proficiency requirements means you have finished your foreign language requirement at the University of Kansas.
CONNECT with the AEC