The field of teaching English to speakers of other languages is always evolving.
Be the best possible teacher by staying up-to-date on best practices.
Why Take This Course?
Acquire and Utilize Best Practices
In this course you will:
- Get the most up-to-date and applicable knowledge related to EFL lesson planning, student engagement and classroom management, and skills instruction including grammar and pronunciation.
- Learn from experienced instructors, all with advanced degrees in the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and years of experience teaching ESL, EFL and teacher training courses.
LENGTH & COST
This is an 8-week course and costs $795. Students will earn 2 KU credits and will receive a transcript upon successful completion of the course.
Please contact the AEC for specific course dates.
In this course you will engage in reading and critical thinking activities that require a minimum English proficiency to be successful. In order to take this course, you must demonstrate that you reach this proficiency. There are several ways you can do this:
1. Submit Test Scores*
If you have taken one of the following exams within the last 2 years, you may submit documentation showing that you have reached the minimum scores below:
|Test||Minimum Overall Score Requirement|
|C1 Advanced or C2||180|
*If you have scores for a standardized test not listed here, please email email@example.com.
You may take the following free exam, plus submit a writing sample. See below:
a. Take the Kaplan KITE Lite (free version) test online:
b. Write a 350 to 500-word essay, highlighting your motivation for taking this course. Be sure to include detailed explanations of the following questions:
- How does this course fit with your professional goals?
- What experience do you bring to this course that will benefit you in successfully completing this course?
- What do you hope to learn from this course that will apply to your teaching career?
Contact the Applied English Center:
Phone: (785) 864-4606