The Point: A Learning Resource for AEC Students
The Point is an Academic Resource Center. It is a service to help you study, learn, and become part of the KU community!
If you have a specific question about your classwork, or if you just want to work on a special area, AEC instructors will be there to help you with your questions.
- The Point is now closed. Fall 2021 information will be available soon!
- Online! All appointments this semester will be offered through Zoom.
- You can reserve a time in advance by using The Point online appointment system. That 30-minute time will be saved for you! Please be on time for your appointment. If you are 10 minutes late to your Zoom session, your appointment will be cancelled and you will need to sign up for another time.
- Prior to your appointment, an AEC instructor will send you a link to join them via Zoom.
- If you cannot meet at your scheduled time, please cancel your appointment through the online appointment system.
- Have your book or materials with you.
- Be prepared to talk about your assignment.
- Have a specific question or area that you want to work on.
- Understand that we are here to point the way to the answers, so don’t ask the teacher to give you answers to your homework.
- Sign up for one 30-minute appointment and NOT two consecutive 30-minute appointments.
- It's good to get advice from your tutor, go back and do the work on your own, and then make another appointment if you need to. We'd also like all students to be able to make appointments.