If you don’t want to eat on-campus, you have a number of possibilities.
For menus and information about the following restaurants and others, look at: http://lawrence.com/eating_out/
**Most of the following restaurants require a minimum $10.00 (before tax) purchase before they will deliver food and many have a delivery fee too.**
If you want to cook for yourself or hope to find familiar snacks, you can find international foods at several locations in Lawrence.
- Au Marché (931Massachusetts, near 9th) European specialty market, good for cheese and imported foods.
- Checkers (2300 Louisiana, at 23rd) Large supermarket with a good variety of produce and cheese not found in many other supermarkets.
- J & V Oriental Market (711 W. 23rd St, Suite 29) A variety of oriental food.
- Mediterranean Market (3300 15th St. /Bob Billings Pkwy, near Kasold) Imported, freshly prepared Mediterranean food.
- The Community Mercantile (901 Iowa, at 9th) Organically and locally grown produce and other organic food.
The Lawrence area has many restaurants offering food from all over the world. Many restaurants are located downtown or on 23rd Street. However, there are many restaurants tucked away in places you would not expect. Ask other people for recommendations, go out and explore, or search online at http://www.lawrence.com/restaurants/search/.
Restaurant prices vary greatly. If you are unsure of whether you would like to dine in a restaurant, feel free to walk in the restaurant and ask the hostess if you can see a menu. This will allow you to make a better decision about whether you would like to eat there or not.
Coffeehouses have coffee, tea, juice, and soda. KU students like to study or relax at these places. Here are some of the coffeehouses located in downtown Lawrence.
- Alchemy Coffee and Bake House (1901 Mass, at 19th)
- Bourgeois Pig (6 E. 9th St., near New Hampshire)
- Henry’s (11 E. 8th St., at New Hampshire)
- House of Cha (21 W. 9th St., at Vermont) – this place serves bubble tea
- Java Break (17 E. 7th, at New Hampshire)
- La Prima Tazza (638 Mass, between 6th and 7th)
- Signs of Life (722 Mass, between 77th and 8th)
- Starbucks (647 Mass, between 6th and 7th)