KU Libraries and Museums
This is the oldest and largest library at KU. It includes material from the social sciences, humanities, education, journalism, and social welfare. You can use your KU ID to check out books and materials. Computer workstations and study areas are available at Watson.
- Mon.-Thurs., 8 am-2 am on the following day; Fri. 8 am-8 pm; Sat. 10 am-8 pm; Sun. 10 am-2 am on Monday
Anschutz Library focuses on materials in the sciences, social sciences, and some medical areas. It also houses a collection of government and international documents as well as a map collection. Anschutz has numerous computer workstations as well as a café with coffee, tea, and snacks.
- Open continuously from 10 am Sunday until 8 pm Friday (24 hours Mon.–Thurs.); Sat. 10 am-8 pm. Please Note: Holiday and break hours may be different.
- The Point, the AEC’s own independent learning center, is located in room 425 of Anschutz Library. If you have a specific question about your AEC classwork or you just want to work on a special area, you can go to The Point to get help from AEC instructors. To schedule an appointment, go to The Point webpage at http://aec.ku.edu/point.
Other libraries on the KU campus include the Murphy Art & Architecture Library, the Wheat Law Library, the Thomas Gorton Music and Dance Library, the Spahr Engineering Library, and Spencer Research Library.
More information about the KU libraries can be found at https://lib.ku.edu/locations-hours
The KU Natural History Museum is located in Dyche Hall next to the Kansas Union. The Natural History Museum is home to four floors of exhibits designed to help you learn more about animal and plant life of the planet, North America, and Kansas.
- Mon. Closed; Tues – Sat. 9 am - 5 pm; Sun., noon - 4 pm
The Spencer Museum of Art is the only comprehensive art museum in the state of Kansas. It has more than 40,000 art objects in its collections of African, American, Asian, Contemporary, European, Latin American and Caribbean, Native American art, and other special exhibitions.
- Mon. Closed; Tues., Fri., & Sat. 10 am–4 pm; Wed. & Thurs. 10 am–8 pm; Sun. noon–4 pm
Those interested in politics and public service may want to visit the Dole Institute of Politics. Dedicated to former Kansas Senator Bob Dole, the Dole Institute is home to the Robert J. Dole Archive and Special Collections as well as a small museum gallery.
- Mon.-Sat. 9 am-5 pm; Sun. noon-5 pm