TEFL Certificate Program
What Can a TEFL Certificate Do for You?A Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Certificate is your passport to a world of global connections. As you embark on your English language teaching journey, make sure you take a TEFL Certificate along with you.
Why Earn a TEFL Certificate at KU's Applied English Center?
The Applied English Center is located at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas. As one of the oldest Intensive English Programs in the country, we have been teaching English language and culture classes to international students since 1964. Let us share our teaching expertise with you to help you become a qualified TEFL instructor! We offer you:
- Personalized instruction
- Innovative programming
- Individualized feedback
- Practice-oriented curriculum
- Job placement assistance in certain countries
The Applied English Center’s TEFL Certificate program is rooted in the power of English language education to enhance and change lives. The program trains future teachers of English to be professionals and to engage in best teaching practices in the field, providing language instruction and assessment in ways that are culturally responsive and centered on student needs. Having advanced degrees in the field and years of experience in both teacher training and English language instruction, our highly qualified instructors are poised to empower you on your teaching journey.
- 120-hour program
- 100+ hours in the classroom
- 10+ hours of observations
- 10+ hours related to teaching
- Taught by instructors with advanced degrees in the field and many years of experience
- Adheres to the Standards for Short-Term Certificate Programs developed by TESOL International Organization
- Gives you practice-oriented instruction and hands-on training
- Fulfills both your coursework and practicum requirements
|Session||Session Dates||Application Deadline||Tuition||Paid in Full Deadline|
|Summer 2022||June 6 - July 22||May 16||$1575|
Tuition must be paid in full by this deadline.