Apply to the Applied English Center (AEC)
Would you like to study at the Applied English Center (AEC)? You will need the following items to complete the application:
- Application fee: First-time applicants will need to pay an application fee of $85.
- Passport: You will need a clear copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Finances: If you are an F-1 or J-1, you will need proof of available financial resources to pay for all educational, living, and other expenses for one year. On that same website, you can see the estimated cost of attendance. To see the estimated cost of attendance, select “Intensive English Program (AEC)” as your level of study. Then select “Applied English Center (AEC)” as your area of study.
- Transcript: You will need an original, certified English transcript of your academic courses and grades from the last educational institution you attended. Photocopies must be certified as true copies. To be admitted, you must have a grade average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Follow the steps below to apply:
- Begin the KU Online Application.
- In the application, from the “I am applying as a*” dropdown menu, chose ESL – English Language Study.
- In the section of the application called “Program of Choice,” search for Applied English Center.
- In the same section of the application, select the Term in which you want to study from the dropdown menu.
- Pay the application fee and submit the application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.