Placement testing at KU
Students who do not meet minimum requirements for full-time academic enrollment will take an English language proficiency test before the start of classes. The name of the test is the Versant Proctored English Placement Test. Students who pass this test will enroll in full-time academic coursework. Students who do not pass this test will enroll in part-time or full-time English study in the Applied English Center (AEC). The "Time in AEC" chart estimates the intensive English study time that may be needed.
- How to prepare your computer for the test
- Things to do right BEFORE the test
- Things to do DURING the test
- How to practice for the test (request a free product tour to give you access to limited sample questions)
- If you are in China or Iran, you must use a VPN (virtual private network) for KU's online proficiency test.
- The test costs $35. Your KU student account will be billed for the test.
- If you are required to take the exam, the AEC will send you information on how and when to take it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.